- Experienced in all aspects of software development including: UML diagramming, SDLC, GUI design, data persistence techniques, implementation, application deployment, etc.
- Well-versed in multi-tiered web and desktop applications.
- Familiar with all major databases and database programming techniques.
- Firm understanding of object oriented programming theories and principals as well as design patterns and best practices.
- Strong web application development background. Numerous web applications authored using various server and client side technologies.
- Proficient in ecommerce development, especially for large scale high traffic websites.
- Worked on numerous ad driven websites working with Dart, DoubleClick, OES, etc.
- Experience with object relational mapping frameworks, unit testing frameworks, and various other open source development libraries.
- Worked as a freelancer doing web development / design work / custom applications for various companies.
- Microsoft C# (10 years), .NET 3.5
- HTML, DHTML, XHTML (15 years)
- ASP.NET 4.0 (8 years)
- XML, AJAX, RSS, ATOM, JSON(6 years)
- Transact-SQL & Standard SQL (11 years)
- Flash ActionScript 3.0(5 years)
- Adobe ColdFusion and CFScript(4 years)
- PHP (4 years)
- Ruby (3 years) Rails (3 years)
- HTML5 (2 years)
Applications / Environments
- Microsoft Visual Studio (2005,2008,2010)
- SVN, TFS, Git, Mercurial, Source Safe
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Office 2007
- BASH, ZSH, general UNIX command line
- Windows, OSX and various Linux distros
- Adobe CS6 : Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks
Application DeveloperAxispointAugust 2008 - Present
- Designed applications from the ground up using SOLID design principals.
- Architected software using numerous 3rd party and open source frameworks including: Log4Net, nHibernate, MVCContrib, Entity Framework, StructureMap, Unity, etc.
- Heavy source control experience with versioning databases alongside applications for complete version history control and release life cycle management
- Content management system implementation using various CMS packages (Drupal, SiteCore, SharePoint, Ektron).
Contracted DeveloperThe Naming GroupAugust 2010 - January 2011
- Built The Naming Group's first ever proprietary software for managing intellectual property.
- Constructed on Microsoft's ASP.NET MVC web framework using: nHibernate for ORM, castle windsor for dependency injection, and various other open source technologies
- Managed the entire project from start to finish using an Agile development methodology.
Web Application DeveloperTrack EntertainmentApril 2007 - August 2008
- Worked heavily on Clubplanet.com, a social networking website for nightlife enthusiasts. Built custom AJAX controls for front end usability, designed relational database tables.
- Dynamic data integration between Flash ActionScript and Microsoft SQL Server using WCF web services.
- Built mailer application for marketing department in C# and .NET 3.5. Programmed running Windows services for sending queued emails. Designed relational database for storing emails created by the marketing department as well as a front end mailer design interface.
- Created a review crawler application for Venue Review section on Clubplanet.com. Application was designed to crawl known review websites and sample data for use on Clubplanet.com. Runs on a service and integrates directly into SQL Server from the Windows command line.
- Helped develop custom ORM (object relational mapping) framework for use with current business objects and massive relational database.
Web Application DeveloperMicro Innovations CorpJune 2005 - March 2007
- Authored complete web application framework for various companywide needs using C#.
- Implemented custom, web-based, financial forecast/budgeting application using ASP.NET (C#) and current Visual FoxPro database. Rebuilt current Visual FoxPro database schema in SQL Server for optimized performance and data redundancy. Created SQL Server scheduled jobs for backing up data across databases.
- Developed database consistency application that integrates with existing EDI operations.
- Designed and developed companywide corporate intranet site housing important company documents.
- Rebuilt existing customer support website using ASP.NET and SQL Server 2005 backend. Created secure website administration tool for product development team to edit items displaying on the website.
Technical WriterCompaq Company inc.April 2003 - June 2005
- Authored 31 product manuals for Compaq's Desktop Accessories product line.
- Designed over 70 "how-to" illustrations for use in each product manual using Adobe Illustrator
- Experience using a versioning system working along-side other Technical Writers.
Software EngineerMicro Innovations CorpJuly 2001 - April 2003
- Created Micro Innovations first call tracking application. Utilizing SQL Server 2000 and Macromedia ColdFusion was able to streamline the entire customer support procedure.
- Built RMA (return merchandise authorization) application for processing returned computer peripherals using Macromedia ColdFusion 6.1.
- Integrated 2nd level, in-house, call tracking database, with 1st level remote call tracking database using XML and web services.
- Developed application for automated reporting on help desk support metrics in .NET 1.1.